Contributory Parent Temporary Visa SC 173
The Contributory Parent Temporary Visa SC 173 is a temporary visa for the parent of an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen letting them stay in Australia for a period of up to 2 years.
- The applicant must be sponsored by an eligible child who must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must meet the Balance of Family Test
- Should meet the visa requirements
- The applicant is required to comply to the Australian law
- You should not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa SC 870 while applying for this visa.
- Must meet the character requirements
Balance of Family Test
According to the Balance of Family test, applicants must prove that at least half of their children live in Australia as Permanent Residents or Australian citizens, or a majority of their children live in Australia that any other country.
- With this visa parents of Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or eligible New Zealand citizens can stay in Australia temporarily.
- You can study, work and live in Australia for a period of up to 2 years
- Enrol in Medicare- Australia’s public health care scheme
- Applicants that have been granted this visa and would like to stay in Australia permanently, must apply for the Contributory Parent Visa SC 143.
This temporary visa lets you stay in Australia for up to 2 years and this period commences on the date you arrive in Australia once the visa has been granted.
You can travel to and from Australia indefinitely within these 2 years.