Parent Visa SC 103
Parent Visa SC 103
The Parent Visa SC 103 is for parents who intend to migrate to Australia and join their children permanently. This visa category requires the applicant to be sponsored by their children or step-children who are Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.
Your eligibility for this visa majorly depends upon
- Your child should be an eligible sponsor as an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- While applying for this visa, the applicant must be outside Australia
- You must not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) SC 870 while you apply for this visa.
- You are required to meet the Balance of Family Test
- Should meet health and character requirements
Balance of Family Test
According to the Balance of Family test, applicants must prove that at least half of their children live in Australia as Permanent Residents or Australian citizens, or a majority of their children live in Australia that any other country.
- With this visa, you are considered as a Permanent Resident in Australia
- You can study and work in Australia permanently
- You can sponsor eligible members of your family to move to Australia
- You can apply for Australian citizenship on meeting the eligibility criteria
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s public health care scheme
With the Parent Visa SC 103, you can stay in Australia permanently. Your Permanent Residence starts on the day the visa has been issued to you.
You can travel to and from Australia indefinitely for up to 5 years from the date the visa has been granted to you. This condition is only applicable as long as the travel facility on your visa remains valid.
If you wish to travel after a period of 5 years,
- You are required to apply for a RRV or Resident Return Visa so you are allowed to re-enter Australia as a Permanent Resident.
- If you acquire Australian citizenship, you will not require a visa to enter Australia.